|Sail training adventures for your group or
Sail Training Adventures
Attention! Scouts, Schools,
Camps, Corporate groups, andNon-Profit Organizations - we have an outstanding
sail training program designed for you.
imagine how our Boy Scout troop could have had a better time on your
vessel." - Boy Scout Troop 338
click here to read more
Sail training aboard Dream Catcher Schooner is
learning by doing and encompasses all aspects of a voyage including:
- Sail Handling - raising and lowering the sails
through a united effort on the part of the crew.
- Navigation - includes chart work, helmsmanship,
and compass work.
- Rowing - learn rowing skills, crew timing,
and cooperation in oar handling aboard the 32' longboat Aida.
Your group will learn skills in leadership as different captains
are assigned to the Aida. Rowing challenges include distance
rows and timed races.
- Shipboard duties - galley work (cooking and food
preparation) and other day-to-day activities. A shipshape vessel is
a safe vessel.
- Line handling involves the rudiments of coiling,
knots, safety considerations, and the many uses of lines aboard.
We strive to teach safety at sea. Above all, your safety is our highest
Charter deposits are non-refundable except for:
1) cancellations due to the vessel Dream Catcher is not in a functioning
2) cancellations due to named storms as defined by the National Hurricane
Center and/or pro rated as to the number of days at sea previously
paid for less expenses & costs.
3) charters who cancel within 7 days of signing the charter contract,
less a $100 service fee
4) or, if Coastal Sailing Adventures/Dream Catcher is able to rebook
those dates, less a $100 service fee.
We Have Special Rates
for Sail Training Adventures. Call us now 305-304-5100 or e-mail
us for more information.